Agile Project Manager
|Title:||Agile Project Manager|
|Required Education:||Bachelors Degree|
|Job Duration :||3 years|
|Job Location:||Baltimore, MD|
|Job Description:||See Below:|
|Required Years of Experience:||10 years|
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Information systems or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least 3 successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
- Knowledge in system integration using Application Program Interface (API) management technologies, and a working knowledge of the RESTful APIs platform, API design and development on the cloud as well as on-premise environments.
- Experience in RDBMS and NoSQL database development experience with strong fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing Agile scrum team with developers, testers and DevOps team using Agile processes and practices.
- Experience working with public agency interfaces.
- A Master’s Degree or project management certification.
- Experience in health and human services domains such as eligibility, enrollment, Medicaid, child welfare, child support systems.
- Experience building complex software systems with one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Knowledge of best practices for the full Agile SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Integration experience with financial management systems.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, mobile application development, information retrieval, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.The Project Manager shall define and develop initiatives for continuous business process improvements and monitoring, manage the team in making business decisions relating to system implementation, modification and maintenance; and develop and update business process documentation for testing and training management.
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments; removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for agile project management.
- Team Building –Ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution; and encourage a sustainable working pace in order to achieve the highest quality of work.
- Deliver an agile transformation plan to move from current state to a desired state.
- Aid in the implementation and facilitation of the use of agile tools, guidelines and metrics in order to achieve a standardized approach to agile team project execution.
- General Management Activities – Be responsible for monitoring the overall cost, control, adherence to schedules, and technical quality of work; support any needed requirements reviews; and provide procurement support as needed.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications