Service Desk/Customer Service
|Title:||Service Desk/Customer Service|
|Required Education:||High School Diploma|
|Job Duration :||Long Term|
|Job Location:||Annapolis, MD|
|Required Certifications:||CompTIA, Microsoft, or HDI are a plus|
|Job Description:||MS Office, Help Desk, Active Directory, ServiceNow|
|Required Years of Experience:||1+|
ALL WORK IS REQUIRED ON-SITE. REMOTE WORK WILL NOT BE CONSIDEREDPurpose: Our client has an immediate need for additional resources to augment the current staff. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to Field installations, both new and cyclical replacements, In-house and local customer support, Imaging new equipment for installation in the field.
Job Title: Service Desk – Desktop Support
Work Location and Work Hours: Home office is in Annapolis, Maryland. Work assignments may be in any county in the State of Maryland and Baltimore City. Work hours are typically Monday through Friday, day shift hours. However, specific work assignments may require second or third shift activities (not the norm) or weekend activities.
Client has significant numbers of desktop and peripheral installations and cyclical replacements over the next three years. As such, the ongoing demands for the Desktop Support group exceeds its capacity to provide the expected level of customer service. Our objectives:
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and other related peripherals.
- Process customer incidents and requests from the Desktop Support work queue in the ITSM system (ServiceNow).
- Perform technology refreshes.
- Be proactive in anticipating and resolving problems. Take ownership and initiative for problem resolution, spot potential problem areas, analyze solutions, propose resolution and ensure implementation. Take the term “customer service” to heart.
- Maintain password, data integrity and file system security for the computing environment.
- Document procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions.
- Always ensure the customer is left ‘whole’ after any work activity (i.e., requisite hardware, software, peripherals and all processes are functioning as required). Validate with customer prior to leaving the assignment.
- Knowledge of desktop hardware, software and connectivity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Active Directory.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple competing demands.
- Customer service orientation (e.g., patience, positive customer-friendly attitude, active listening, empathy, professionalism, etc.).
- Proven problem solving, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Willingness to proactively seek out solutions (including collaborating with peers) prior to contacting Desktop Support management for assistance.
- Willingness to document and share knowledge with peers toward maturity and success of the entire team.
- Ability to document work activities into meaningful incidents or tasks in the ITSM system (ServiceNow).
- Team oriented. Shows respect for customers, team members, peers and management.
- Continually update and enhance your basic skills in hardware, software and systems through your own efforts and Judiciary training.
- This position requires a minimum of one (1) year of successful experience as a desktop support technician.
- Practical experience with an enterprise incident management system.
- Specialized Experience:
- Practical experience with ServiceNow is a plus.
- Certification from CompTIA, Microsoft or HDI are a plus.
NOTE: Contract resources are not allowed to drive State vehicles. If not teamed with a State employee, contract Desktop Support technicians will be required to use their personal vehicle to travel to work locations and transport State equipment. Some assignments may require overnight travel due to distance to the site or length of the assignment. If overnight travel is requested, driving to and from the site to avoid overnight travel is not an option. The Judiciary travel policy will govern travel expenses, including mileage.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: