VoIP Project Manager
|Title:||VoIP Project Manager|
|Required Education:||Bachelors Degree|
|Job Duration :||2 years|
|Job Location:||Crownsville, MD|
|Job Description:||See Below|
|Required Years of Experience:||10 years|
- Bachelor's Degree is Computer Science or related field
- 10 years of experience in project management.
- Demonstrated at least five (5) years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least three successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
- At least three (3) years of experience in managing VoIP projects and at least two (2) years of experience in either contact centers, LAN/WAN, or Wireless projects.
- Experience developing planning and implementation documentation, reports, briefings, and process documents.
- Possess excellent communication skills with both Senior Level Executive and team members.
- Master's Degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred.
- Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) Certified Convergent Network Technologies (CCNT) or Convergent Technologies Professional (CTP) Certification is preferred.
- Provide the overall project planning, governance and management. Duties shall focus on project planning/design, implementation, monitoring and controlling, and reporting.
- The position shall ensure the appropriate application of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and the State’s Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in managing and overseeing the project efforts.
- May all day to day activities of the transition including the development of the roadmap and scope, and associated to changes to these plans, schedule, scope, and cost.
- Establish appropriate strategies and processes to manage the design and installation of the VoIP telephone systems and its associated elements (Hardware/Software, Local Area Networks (LAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) call centers, etc.)
- Oversee/Support the site survey assessments and prepared finding reports and implementation plans to conform to required standards.
- Provide direction to respective telecommunication and associated project teams within the Department.
- Develop respective SDLC and other required documentation, executive level briefings and reports, and statements of work (SOW).
- Serve as the primary liaison for the VoIP effort within DoIT, and to external Agency stakeholders and vendors.
- Other duties as assigned by the State Project Manager (PM)/Deputy Chief Information Officer (CIO).
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications